Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I thought I'd post some picture of work I've done.



This is "Princess Chair."  She is currently residing in my room, brightening up my space.
Materials used: found chair (the seat was whicker and had been busted in), plastic bags (as the outer bright material, I'll tell you how to make plastic bag fabric some other time), packing peanuts (found in a dumpster), string I had, and fake white rose petals ( I have like 50 packs of them perfectly sealed, a store in Bronxville had used some for their display window and had a ton left over, so I came to the rescue).
Princess Chair made her debut in the Barbara Walters Gallery, at Sarah Lawrence College, as part of the Summer 2008 Student Work Show.






This is "BeanBag Rocking Chair."  It was big enough to lay down and nap in.  The rocker was built from wood that was kicking around the wood shop, and the bean bag is made from the plastic bag fabric filled with found packing peanuts, just lying on top of the rocker.
It was pretty comfy, kids liked to lounge in it, but Satchel the dog liked it the most, so the bean bag component of the chair was given to him as a dog bed.  I de-constructed the rocker and put the wood back in the wood shop, because I had no space for it, it was kinda huge. 








This is "Fray," and right now I'm sitting on him, for he is the perfect desk chair. I found a rusty old metal lawn chair with chipping paint and a grid like back and seat, so I sprayed the chair frame with sealant so the rust/chipping look could stay without the danger of scrapes, and wove several layers of plastic bags through the grid frame to make it coushy.






No comments:

Post a Comment